Tuesday, April 6, 2010

..Oh to be .....

Have you ever heard the expression “..oh to be a fly on the wall..” and wondered, what if you actually were? What kinds of things would you see, or hear, or do if you actually were? Would your perception of life as you know it change because you were no longer bigger than everything around you, but instead just a tiny speck? Would you be scared of “giants” or exhilarated at the freedom of getting into tiny crevices that opened into whole new worlds? Would you be a solitary creature, or part of a group? Would you live a long satisfying life, or would you live-and-die in the space of a day?

Come with me, if you dare, and see…..


….m-u-s-t…. come …out… of.. this thing
..so dry and hot in here….and I am hungry..oh so hungry

….gotta get out, gotta go eat….oh, smell something, gotta go see, need to eat, gotta go to it, gotta go eat…zztt..there, I’m out of here

…gotta go, need to eat

…oooh, so many colors out here and they are all around me., gotta go, gotta eat, pretty white slug…..zztt…gotta eat…sspptt – slurp- yumm

gotta go, gotta see…zztt…smells like….zztt ymm

….sounds exploding, gentle vibrations of air as beasts move below me and near me….smell the heat and hot bodies, feel the moist air as the beast breathes…so hot, smells good, gotta eat….zztt…whistles in the distance with sharp yips, voices calling, tramp of feet, heat rising to me…gotta go..gotta eat…gotta see …..zzztt…brown mountain smells yumm, gotta eat…zztt

….oooh…another like me…mmm…gotta see, gotta go there…zzzt over and ..

..hey! …

s
w
i
s
h…

s-p-P-L-A-A-T !


“Mommie…look! I squashed a bug! “

No comments:

Post a Comment